Q. I need an article from an old periodical. How to I find out if you have it?


You may be able to find older periodicals (magazines, journals, and newspapers) in print at the libraries or digitally through our subscription databases.  Here are a couple of ways to do this:

  1. Search the Library Publications by title to see if a specific periodical is available through our subscription databases or in our print periodicals collection. Results of your search will indicate the range of dates that are available. If you have a full or partial citation for an article, click on the Citation Finder link at the top of the "Library Publications" page and enter as much information as you can about the article you are looking for.
  2. Search by "Words in Title" or "Title Begins With..." in the JCC Libraries' Catalog. If the periodical is listed in your results, click on the title to see which issues are available. Some issues may only be available on microform (microfilm or microfiche). We have a special microform viewer in the Hultquist Library. Ask a Librarian for assistance with using the viewer.

If you can't find the periodical through either of these two options, you can try sending for the article from another library by entering the citation information into the Interlibrary Loan Form.



  • Last Updated Feb 09, 2018
  • Views 24
  • Answered By Maggie McElrath

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Contact Us

Library Hours

Hultquist Library Hours

Cattaraugus County Campus Library Hours


Hultquist Library

Circulation Desk: 716.338.1008

Reference Desk: 716.338.1139

Cattaraugus County Campus Library

Circulation and Reference Desk:  716.376.7517